Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Red Light Cameras Going Strong (Oxnard & Ventura).....

When I first moved to Oxnard, the first thing I noticed were the red light cameras. I thought most places got rid of these things! Nope, contrary to popular belief, red light cameras are still up and running, at least for Oxnard and Ventura. I called a local officer, who confirmed that they (police officers) still go to court for these tickets (and they go to court alot). FYI, tickets are $480 a pop. OUCH!

You probably are aware of this site: http://highwayrobbery.net/ which has all kinds of info (even more than I can comprehend). Many counties have shut down or have plans to close out their camera programs. During my search on the internet, articles leaned either way as to whether the cameras are or aren't getting phased out in Oxnard & Ventura. I was wondering if I'll see something regarding the cameras on the ballots this past election, but I didn't. So, there's no real answer if the cameras are here to stay or not. Once in a while I do see the maintenance people fixing the cameras, so perhaps they are here to stay a little longer.

Between my home and my office I probably pass 3 of these camera intersections. I also pass another one or two on the way to the gym. So, if you live in Oxnard, most likely you cross at least one of these intersections when you head out anywhere. Sadly, we still have to deal with these things, at least for now.

Here are the locations of red light cameras in Oxnard:

Rose & Gonzales
Rose & E. 1st
Victoria & Channel Island Blvd
W. 5th & Ventura
Saviers & Channel Island Blvd

Update: I've gotten a few inquiries re red light tickets, and I thought it'll be easier if I just published my contact information here. If you have a red light camera ticket for Ventura Courthouse, and you would like me to defend your ticket for you, please call me at 805-517-4LAW.

Red light camera sitting pretty.

I am an attorney in Ventura, California, and I do handle traffic and DUI cases. 
 I defend red light camera tickets (Oxnard or Ventura). See my case results here: http://lincharlotte.com/traffic-case-results/
If you need help with your upcoming traffic or DUI case, please contact me at 805-517-4LAW or 805-517-4529, or email me at attorneycharlottelin@gmail.com. Please visit my new website at www.lincharlotte.com for new traffic and DUI legal information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment